Job Title: Bar Supervisor
Department: Front of House
Reporting to: Theatre Manager
Responsible for: Casual Front of House staff
The purpose of this post
The Bar Supervisor plays a key role in delivering outstanding customer service to audiences visiting the theatre. Working with the Theatre Manager, they will be responsible for overseeing of a team of casual bar staff as well as supporting their training and development.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Responsibility for achieving sales targets as agreed with the Theatre Manager.
- Working with the Deputy Theatre Manager to ensure that ENT complies with its Premises Licence.
- Supervising and training all Front of House staff ensuring consistent high standards.
- Managing drink and food sales and to take the lead in taking and preparing pre show/ interval orders.
- Managing stock levels ensuring correct amounts, keep the cellar clean, tidy and organised.
- Managing stock rotation and carrying out a monthly stocktake of all products.
- Maintaining the EPOS till systems, ensuring all staff are fully trained on using the tills.
- Checking floats at bar opening and closing times and adhering to the ENT’s cashing up procedures.
- Adhering to and developing cleaning procedures and training staff in these procedures to ensure food hygiene standards are complied with.
- Taking ownership of food hygiene procedures supervising all staff to ensure that good practice is strictly followed.
- Being aware of Exeter Northcott activities and answering customer enquiries courteously.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the strategy and business plan of ENT
- Thinking creatively and strategically about how the Front of House activity contributes to ENT goals and to be alert to relevant opportunities
- Taking an active role in identifying and removing access barriers for anyone with access needs
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the theatre’s programme
- Attending staff meetings/training as required
- Adhering to all Exeter Northcott Theatre policies & procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
Any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Theatre Manager.
NB This job description may develop and evolve with the growth of Exeter Northcott Theatre and is not intended to be read as a complete account of all duties or responsibilities.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate those around you, leading by example
- Experience in leading a hospitality team
- Demonstrable success in building and motivating a team.
- Experience in training staff
- A flexible approach to hours and work including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrate confidence with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good articulacy, literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene
- An interest in the Arts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and positive within a team
- Experience of working in a theatre
- Barista Experience
- Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene
- First Aid qualified
Outline Terms & Conditions
Salary: £9.40 per hour
Working Hours: by agreement, between 20 and 39 hours per week to include some evenings and weekends
Holiday: Full time equivalent is 32 days per annum inc. statutory holidays, pro rata of depending on working hours