Job Title: Deputy Theatre Manager
Department: Front of House
Reporting to: Theatre Manager
Responsible for: Front of House Assistant, Casual Front of House staff and volunteers
The purpose of this post
The Deputy Theatre Manager plays a key role in delivering outstanding customer service to audiences visiting the theatre. Working with the Theatre Manager, they are also responsible for recruiting and training FOH staff and volunteers and ensuring compliance with H&S legislation in line with the Theatre’s objectives and ambitions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Front of House Management
- Delivering Duty Manager responsibilities for performances by leading the team with a hands-on approach.
- Managing FOH staff and volunteers ensuring high standards of customer care are met by mentoring and coaching resulting in maintaining staff retention.
- Ensuring that ENT complies with its Premises License.
- Liaising with the Theatre Manager to ensure that adequate staff and volunteer numbers are on duty for all events.
- Managing stock levels and storage, ordering and use to ensure best value and minimise waste.
- Programming and managing our EPOS till system.
- Recruiting and training the Front of House staff and ensuring they carry out their duties effectively and courteously.
- Having responsibility for the daily financial management of the Front of House activity.
- Ensuring that cleaning procedures are carried out in accordance with agreed protocols and training of the staff in these procedures to ensure food hygiene and other specified standards are complied with.
- Working with the Theatre Manager and senior management team to identify and realising opportunities to increase revenue streams, increase profitability, and support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Proactively leading on the delivery of an excellent customer experience.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the strategy and business plan of ENT
- Thinking creatively and strategically about how the Front of House activity contributes to ENT goals and to be alert to relevant opportunities
- Taking an active role in identifying and removing access barriers for anyone with access needs
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the theatre’s programme
- Attending staff meetings/training as required
- Adhering to all Exeter Northcott Theatre policies & procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
Any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Finance and Operations Director.
NB This job description may develop and evolve with the growth of Exeter Northcott Theatre and is not intended to be read as a complete account of all duties or responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work, Environmental Health, First Aid, Risk Assessment, Fire and Licensing, Disability Discrimination Act, Data Protection Act
- Knowledge of Windows based software
- Knowledge of Epos till systems
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Attention to detail
- An interest in the Arts
- Flexible – Able to work outside normal office hours including evenings and weekends
- First Aid trained
- Food Hygiene Training
- Knowledge of computerised Box Office systems
- Experience of working in a theatre environment
Outline Terms & Conditions
Salary: £23,302 – £27,540 depending on experience
Working Hours: 39 hours per week to include some evenings and weekends
Holiday: 32 days per annum inc. statutory holidays