WELCOME! And thank you for your interest in the Exeter Northcott Theatre and the post of Deputy Sales & Ticketing Manager.
Closing Date: 17th January 2022 at noon
Job title: Deputy Sales & Ticketing Manager
Department: Marketing & Development
Reporting to: Sales & Ticketing Manager
About the Northcott
The Northcott Theatre has been attracting audiences in Exeter and the South West to the very best UK and international performing arts for over fifty years. Before the closure of theatres in March 2020 due to Covid-19, our programme featured a mix of home-grown productions and top-quality touring drama, music, dance, comedy etc. We are now looking forward to rebuilding our offer with a combination of work we produce and present in our theatre space/s and a range of projects and participation activities with artists, communities and young people in Devon.
Diversity & Inclusion
There continues to be a significant lack of diversity across the arts, with a pressing need to provide progression routes for talented people from backgrounds that are under-represented. Exeter Northcott Theatre is committed to playing its part in addressing this by putting inclusion at the heart of our recruitment processes, finding new ways to share the power and resources we have at our disposal, and fostering a working culture that is welcoming for all our team. We actively encourage people with different backgrounds to join us and positively impact our teams and working practice. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of African and Caribbean heritage, people of South Asian, East Asian and South East Asian Heritage, D/deaf and disabled people, LGBTQIA+ people, or those experiencing barriers due to their socio-economic background.
The Purpose of this Post
This post is designed to support the Sales & Ticketing Manager to ensure the smooth running of the box office with a view to boosting sales and donations revenue.
The Sales & Ticketing team is an integral part of the Marketing & Development Department whose job is to deliver a unified sales and marketing operation for Exeter Northcott Theatre, articulate the vision of ENT to its audience and partners, develop a strong customer care ethos that applies to all aspects of the company’s work, and to maximise both the theatre’s ticket sales and donations income.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Ticketing and Operations
Supporting all aspects of the Sales and Ticketing function and working closely with the Sales & Ticketing Manager to ensure it operates effectively:
- Understanding all sales functions of the Spektrix ticketing system; building and reporting on events, setting up offers, discounts and promotional codes.
- Keeping abreast of new developments in ticketing services and setting up systems to maximise sales and donations.
- Managing financial reconciliations and supervising weekly cash-ups and theatre token auditing.
- Supervising the checking and balancing the personal float before and after shifts.
Sales and Customer Care
Supporting the Ticketing & Sales Manager to train the wider sales team and deliver excellent customer care:
- Selling tickets and responding to enquiries, often under pressure.
- Working closely with the Front of House team to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Collaborating with the Marketing & Development team to ensure a smooth online booking and donations process.
- Harnessing all opportunities to up-sell for other events, catering or merchandise.
- Taking an active role in ensuring the booking process and customer experience is as accessible and welcoming as possible.
- Collecting, sharing and responding to customer feedback.
- Actively utilising the box office system to increase return visits.
Donations and Memberships
Working closely with the Ticketing & Sales Manager and the Marketing & Development team to maximise donations and memberships:
- Actively identifying potential donors and members.
- Promoting specific individual giving campaigns.
- Assisting with the administration of the membership scheme.
Supporting the Sales & Ticketing Manager to manage the Sales & Ticketing team:
- Ensuring sufficient Box Office cover for performances in the theatre and any outside venues or promoters that we sell tickets for.
- Ensuring all team members have a clear understanding of the aims of the Exeter Northcott and of the standards expected of their work.
- Managing the workload of the team within the resources available particularly ensuring staff do not work excessive hours and that TOIL and holiday are taken.
- Deputising for the Sales & Ticketing Manager as required.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the theatre’s programme.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of relevant GDPR legislation.
- Attending staff meetings/training as required.
- Representing the theatre at external meetings as required.
- Adhering to Exeter Northcott Theatre policies & procedures.
- Any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Directors.
NB This job description represents a summary of the essential characteristics of this role, including its principal accountabilities, and is not intended to be read as a complete account of all duties or responsibilities involved, which may develop over time as the business needs of Exeter Northcott Theatre change.
Please demonstrate how you meet these Essential & Desirable criteria when applying for this role.
- Minimum 12 months experience in a sales & ticketing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational & administrative skills
- Proven ability to work with online ticketing systems
- Experience of supporting staff and a proven ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for the performing arts
- Demonstrable knowledge of the theatre industry and the cultural landscape in Devon
- Experience of using Spektrix
- Experience of fundraising
OUTLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
£21,000 – 23,000 per annum depending on experience
NB A pay review is currently underway, with increased rates of pay due to be introduced in Feb 2022.
39 per week
32 days per annum inc. statutory holidays
2 months (2 weeks during probation)
Smart Pension Ltd – employer contributions in line with statutory auto enrolment, currently 3%
An allocation of complimentary tickets per season
Discounts at the theatre bar/café
About the recruitment process
As part of our commitment to inclusion we’re working to widen the pool of people who hear about vacancies at the theatre and make the process of applying for a job as straightforward as possible.
For this role we’re asking all candidates to click on the Apply Now link for this vacancy on our website and submit written and/or video/audio responses to the same three questions so you can tell us about yourself and why you’re the right person for this role:
- Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at the Northcott
- Tell us how your professional experience meets the person specification
- Tell us about what support you might need if we were to offer you this role
And then upload a copy of your latest CV.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to submit in a different format.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Kelly Johnson, Marketing & Development Director, at email@example.com.
All D/deaf or disabled candidates who demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria for this role will be invited for interview.
NB We’ll pay travel expenses for any candidate invited to interview.
NB When we invite candidates to interview we’ll ask if they have any access requirements.Apply now Back to jobs