Job Description and Purpose
Department: Front of House
Responsible to: Theatre Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Salary Hourly rate will be a minimum of £8.20 per hour.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will enjoy.
- Ensure audiences adhere to all government guidelines regarding social distancing, mask wearing and guide our guests to follow all covid safety precautions that the theatre has implemented.
- Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, compliance with licensing law and cash handling procedures.
- Maximising sales in our catering outlets.
- Checking tickets & providing information to audience members about the venue and the performances.
- Selling programmes, beverages, ice creams, sweets and merchandise.
- Being aware of the procedures for the safe evacuation of the audience; assisting the audience in any emergencies that may arise under the direction of the Duty Manager.
- Ensuring that the toilets are kept in a satisfactory state when the audience are on the premises.
- Ensuring the auditorium and front of house areas are clean and tidy after each performance.
- Where appropriate – Working with our catering team to prepare and cook snacks and light meals prior to each performance.
- Ensuring a high level of hygiene you will also be responsible for cleaning the kitchen and maintaining our EHO high level of standards
Responsibilities of all staff members
- Taking an active role in identifying and removing access barriers for anyone with access needs
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the theatre’s programme
- Attending staff meetings/training as required
- Adhering to Exeter Northcott theatre policies & procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Taking an active part in co-operating with and supporting other staff and departments in the achievement of the company’s aims.
- To be aware of, and comply with, rules and legislation pertaining to Health & Safety at Work.
- To be an advocate of the company.
- To contribute ideas and suggestions for the increased success and effectiveness of the Exeter Northcott.
- Any other duties which may reasonably requested by the Theatre Manager
Please pay close attention to this when considering applying for this post. You will need to demonstrate how you meet the criteria below and are unlikely to be interviewed if you do not meet most of the essential criteria.
- Good articulacy, literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in a busy restaurant/bar environment
- Friendly and outgoing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and punctual
- An understanding of current health and hygiene legislation
- Interest in and enthusiasm for theatre and the performing arts
- Commitment to the plans for the future direction of the Exeter Northcott
- Flexible, adaptable and positive within a team
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Experience of working in a theatre or arts environment
Note: this job description may develop & evolve with the growth of Exeter Northcott Theatre