T&Cs of Sale
For children’s performances all children over the age of 18 months must have a ticket.
Under 14s must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
In order to experience our best service we ask that you contact the Box Office on 01392 7263 63 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your access needs. Booking online may mean your requirements will not be fulfilled to the best of our ability.
Paying with Theatre Tokens
Unfortunately, we cannot accept payment by Theatre Tokens online. Please call us on 01392 72 63 63 to book your tickets.
Tickets can only be reserved for schools or groups of 10+.
We request latecomers to await admission to the auditorium until a suitable break. Some performances will have a no latecomers policy, please check Front of House signage on the day of the performance.
Once payment has been received all tickets are non-refundable.*
*As part of our COVID prevention measures, we will offer a full refund to anyone who is not able to come to the performance due to potential COVID-related illness as long as we are notified by 10am on the day of the performance. If you have any symptoms please do not come to the theatre. Contact us via email@example.com
We will exchange tickets for another performance for the same production on a different date/time if returned to the Box Office 48 hours before the original performance date. We do not charge an administration fee for exchanging tickets. Please note that we can only action an exchange once we are in receipt of the original ticket.
If a performance is sold out we can endeavour to sell any returned tickets to the waiting list for that specific performance only. Tickets need to be returned to the Box Office at least 48 hours before the performance. If we are able to re-sell your tickets, you can chose to have a credit on your account which is valid for two years or receive a refund minus a £2 handling fee per ticket. Exeter Northcott reserves the right to refuse the ticket holder admission to a performance if the ticket has been sold for commercial gain.
The Northcott offers the option of collecting your tickets from the Box Office or receiving via post for a charge of £1.50. Tickets will be sent by second class post and delivered to you within 7 to 10 working days.*
*As part of Covid prevention measures, all tickets will be sent digitally during this time. Please contact us if you are not able to access digital tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets can only be reserved for schools or groups of 10+
As a registered charity, all advertised ticket prices include a charity levy which goes towards the cost of operating the Exeter Northcott Theatre, and are inclusive of VAT.
Tickets – conditions of sale
Exeter Northcott Theatre reserves the right to:
- Request latecomers to await admission to the auditorium until a convenient break or refuse admission to a performance where latecomers may not be admitted.
- Refuse use of any camera, audio or visual recording equipment on the premises.
- Refuse the ticket holder entry to the premises and request the ticket holder to leave the premises.
- Make any alterations to the cast or performance that may be rendered necessary by illness or other unavoidable causes.
- Cancel or abandon a performance for any reason beyond the Northcott’s control without notice and without being liable to pay compensation or damages. A refund may be made to patrons at the Northcott’s discretion.
- Not accept responsibility for any loss or damages to person or property on or around the venue.
- Refuse the ticket holder admission to a performance if the ticket has been sold for commercial gain.
- Film audience members for commercial or archive purposes.
Our Supporter Promise
The Northcott is a fundraising charity that seeks and secures donations from the public in support of its work. If you have a complaint about our fundraising practice, or about the way we have gone about fundraising from you, we would like to hear from you.
Please contact email@example.com